Kermit in a Turtleneck: An introspective on Froggy Fashion

 My dear patient tadpoles, I come to you today after many many months of silence, half finished posts in the drafts, and the fear that what I posted next wouldn't be good enough for a comeback. This was until the title of this post came to me in a haze while in class. Immediately I wrote it down, and now I come to you to speak on froggy fashion. Where it's been, and where it could go. Buckle up tadpoles because this is shaping up to be a long one. I have faith in our abilities to leap into this topic with great vigor. 

SO ARE YOU READY??????

(and before I see your comments of the photo tadpoles!! Pardon me for trying to stay royalty free 😡 I gave him an excited face!!! Maybe try to appreciate the effort I put instead of judging my artistic talent!! Keep all attitude out of the pond thanks) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4Knw5ln01I


CHAPTER ONE: Why dress at all?

              Tadpoles, you might be asking yourself,  "why write about the naked frog at all? Isn't this supposed to be about froggy fashion?" Well tadpoles. the first suit any good frog dons is his birthday suit! See the beauty is that a good frog needs no accessorizing! 




Just look at those colors tadpoles!! Blues, reds, oranges, spots and stripes galore! These puppies really were born vogue! But what about those frogs that need a little more to stand out? What about those frogs who desire a fine tailored wardrobe? Well tadpoles, I've stalled long enough- it's time to get to the goods.

CHAPTER TWO: Sweet plush friends!!

        Tadpoles, if there's one thing we LOVE at the pond, it's plush froggy friend! Pardon my French tadpoles, but those fuckers know how to dress!!


LOOK AT HIM!!!!


And another couple of sharp dressed boys!!! Truly tadpoles, there's nothing better than an amphibian with a clear sense of style and direction. And to answer your question- yes, they're single! These friends truly put a good name on the frog game, and they've started us off on a high note! let's see if our next competitors can top it eh? Now come along, we're off to the next lilypad!


CHAPTER THREE: Frog and Toad, Masters of Autumn Wear

        Tadpoles, it's safe to say that you can't speak on creature couture without talking about frog and toad!! These fellas are truly the kings of an earth tone, and boy can they layer!! 

Look at that!! A newsboy cap with a good pair of slacks? Someone know how to dress!


These outfits just work, going seamlessly from a day out bike riding to a nighttime wine by the fire, it's day to night at it's finest!

(also ps tadpoles did you know frog and toad had a Claymation special from 1987? if you watch it, pardon toads weird noises in the beginning as he rides his bike.)

(pps ALSO I know you might be asking- Toad?? this isn't a Toad blog! Why is there a toad on here? That'd be like putting an alligator on a crocodile blog!! 😡 and frankly all I have to say about that is shut up!!!! this is my blog and I do what I want nerds!!)

ppps if you want to watch the special I will put a link


(pppps tadpoles remember how I said to listen for toads weird noises at the beginning? well I found another video of them I liked better so this isn't the weird breathing one but frogs voice is generally pretty odd so I mean I guess listen for that but if you really really want I'll hide the link somewhere on this post so you can listen so good luck tadpoles)

okay, okay I've gone off tract enough, let's get to the main event 
        
ALRIGHT TADPOLES, BUCKLE YOUR SEATBELTS!!!!

CHAPTER 4: KERMIT THE FROG: HUNK, MODEL, AND LEGEND

        Now I get it tadpoles, you might be thinking, Hunk? I don't know about that, he's not my type! But you've failed to realize Kermit the frog has range
Bad boy next door? Look know further than a greaser kermit! watch out danny zuko!

Maybe you like a man who can dress! One that will take you on a fancy evening out! Well in all of his glory, here he is! Black tie Kermit!!! May I take your coat sir?

and of course, who could forget a frog bundled up for the winter!! Looking very cozy and weather appropriate!!!
and last, but CERTAINTLY not least, Kermit in a turtleneck, the namesake of it all. Those slacks, that jacket, and of course- that turtleneck!! This amphibian can do it all, all while looking his absolute best!!


And with that tadpoles, I must leave you with a question for next time. What's your favorite froggy fashion? Was it one mentioned here, or something totally different? Let me know in the comments, and remember, from all of us at the lilypad- It ain't easy being green.

Comments

Popular Posts